Now before you think I’m being rude it’s a recipe 😉 I can’t think of what else to call them and that’s what they are 🙂 I was inspired by the Beltra Market Goodies on the #SligoFoodTrail last week so thought I’d have a try at these.
I had a gander at The Happy Pear lads Energy Balls recipe but as I didn’t have all the ingredients I made these with what I had. These take about 5 minutes to make and are really lovely – perfect as I’m not eating sweets at the moment so these satisfy the cravings.
- 80g of chopped dates
- 50g of porridge oats
- 30g of raisins
- 30g of mixed seeds
- 3 tsp of peanut butter
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Biscoff Spread (optional – and probably not healthy)
- Drop of orange juice to bind
- Extra oats and seeds for coating – if you can be bothered, I coated about three of them and gave up
- Make sure the dates are quite finally chopped (and that they are pitted)
- Bung all the ingredients in a blender and mix until it sticks together (I’m so technical!)
- Roll them into little bite size balls, coat them if you feel like it and put them in the fridge.
That’s it! Couldn’t be easier and even better all the family like them. This recipe made about 10 so probably better to double the ingredients because they don’t last long.