Ice ice baby

I’ve often read stories of people getting injured in their kitchens and of course I’ve had accidents cooking but last week I had a run in with the freezer.

It was getting to the stage that I could only wedge about two things in the freezer with all the ice in there. It was a regular battle shoving things in and quickly slamming the door shut before the food fell out so I decided it was time I defrosted it. I didn’t do it the sensible way though. I went at it with a knife (don’t do that!) Firstly a shard of ice flew into my eye – and it hurt! Secondly the knife slipped and and went into my hand! Ouch!

On a positive note I now have a really clean freezer but a bit of a sore hand. Next time I get a freezer I’m getting one that defrosts itself.

About magnumlady

Photographer, blogger, hooked on social media. Based in Sligo, Ireland. Passionate about Ireland and always looking for the next adventure.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.